- Product Highlights
- Target Response Nitric Oxide & Endurance Potentiator
- Buffer Lactic Acid
- Increase Oxygen Utilization
- Banned Substance Free
SKU 181595000993 Quantity 120 Caps Serving Size 4 Capsules Servings Per Container 30 Directions Use as directed. Ingredients Citrulline Malate 2:1, Beta-Alanine, Cordygen5 (OxyCeps ATP (Polysaccharides, Beta-1,3/1,6-glucan, 3-Deoxyadenosine, Cordycepic Acid, Hydroxyethyl-adenosine, Adenosine, Ethyl-Adenosine, Adenine, Alpha-glucan), Cordyceps sinensis CS-4, Cordyceps Militaris, Cordyceps Sobolifera, Cordyceps Ophioglossoides), L-Taurine AKG, Cnidium Monnier Extract, Gelatin, Rice, Flour...for product label information including a complete list of ingredients, click all product images above.
- Product Details
Citruvol™ is a target response endurance and nitric oxide potentiator that incorporates the power of Citrulline Malate, Cordygen5™, Cnidium Monnier and L-Taurine AKG to maximize Nitric Oxide and ATP production as well as aerobic and anaerobic endurance. The ingredients in Citruvol™ have been clinically proven to enhance oxygen utilization and stamina. Whether you are a bodybuilder, power lifter, triathlete, runner, cyclist, swimmer, boxer, martial artist, baseball, basketball or football player, athletes at all levels can improve their game using Citruvol™.
Why Citrulline Malate?
- Bolster Nitric Oxide Production: Interesting to all athletes is its role of regulating nitric oxide (NO). The sport nutrition industry has been recently bombarded with nitric oxide formulas comprised of the amino acid L-Arginine and other L-Arginine salts (AAKG), which until today have been the most effective manner of bolstering nitric oxide production. It is well known that L-Arginine is a substrate for production of nitric oxide, as well as catalyst for other metabolic processes including its effects on insulin, various hormones and creatine synthesis. Nitric oxide is the cell-signaling molecule that has a part in regulating blood flow, oxygen delivery, glucose uptake, muscle firepower, and muscle growth. Obviously the ability to control these physiological effects can be of enormous value to athletes. Many of citrulline's functions come primarily from its ability to increase serum levels of arginine in the body and what is really exciting about citrulline is that it increases serum (plasma) arginine levels better than taking the same dose of the amino acid arginine itself, without pH buffering or time release technology. Just remember that citrulline malate's nitric oxide enhancing properties are just the tip of the iceberg for benefits this compound offers to athletes. If the enhanced pumps and improved nutrient delivery properties are the reason you are using arginine based NO products, you need to take a serious look at citrulline malate.
- Reduction in Lactic Acid and Ammonia: L-Citrulline is an intermediate in the urea cycle. The urea cycle is a system in the liver where carrier molecules and enzymes convert nitrogenous wastes into urea and eliminates them from the body. The production and removal of urea is essential for the elimination of ammonia and toxic nitrogen metabolites. Ammonia is an extremely toxic compound to all cells and excessive levels may cause severe health effects and even death. Even in healthy athletes, the build up of ammonia can lead to extreme fatigue and poor performance. Ammonia also reduces glycogen formation, and inhibits the energy cycle. Ammonia build up is detrimental to all athletes. All forms of exercise, whether anaerobic or aerobic produce an abundance of ammonia. Ammonia also forms when intestinal flora (healthy bacteria) in the digestive tract break down protein. The higher the ammonia levels in your bloodstream, the poorer your athletic performance. Citrulline Malate aids in the elimination of amino acid byproducts of protein metabolism. Research suggests that citrulline malate may help to eliminate "the burn" associated with lactic acid build up as well as reduce the negative effects of ammonia and bacterial produced toxins on performance. The metabolic actions of citrulline malate explain the anti-fatigue properties in human studies and shows excellent application for its use as a performance enhancer for all athletes
- Increases ATP and Phosphocreatine Recovery: One study shows that citrulline malate can help athletes by revving up aerobic energy production. The study shows subjects using citrulline malate have an increased rate of muscle ATP (Andenosine Triphosphate) production during exercise and an increased phosphocreatine recovery after exercise. Taking citrulline malate results in muscles that can keep performing over and over completely smashing the aerobic threshold! These effects are more than likely brought on by the malate portion of the citrulline malate compound, which is an intermediate in the krebs cycle. The krebs cycle refers to a portion of the metabolic pathway of amino acids in the conversion of sugars and fats into ATP, and the role of mitochondria in our cells. The krebs cycle happens in the mitochondria, where sugar and fat are shuttled in and burned for energy, with a number of weak amino acids acting as catalysts. Impaired ability to make ATP results in premature fatigue and "hitting the proverbial wall", unable to continue intense exercise. It appears that malate is synergistic when bonded to citrulline and this peptide may work better than supplementation of L-citrulline alone.
The addition of 1000mg of beta-alanine is the difference between the original Citruvol™ and Citruvol™. Beta-Alanine is an intramuscular carnosine booster that contributes to explosive power, strength and endurance. During periods of intense training or heavy lifting the muscles produce hydrogen ions (H+) that lower the pH in the muscle creating an acidic environment that is inefficient for optimal muscle performance. Beta Alanine works by increasing intramuscular carnosine levels to buffer fatigue and acid causing Hydrogen Ions allowing you to train more intensely for longer periods of time. Carnosine is primarily found in fast twitch muscle fiber responsible for explosiveness and power. By buffering hydrogen ions carnosine allows these fast twitch fibers to fire more efficiently and fatigue slower, increasing overall strength, power & endurance.
What Is CORDYGEN5™?
CORDYGEN5™ is a super potent blend of pure, 100% organic, bio mass grown Cordyceps Sinensis Hybrid, CS-4 Cordyceps Sinensis, Cordyceps Militaris, Cordyceps Sobolifera and Cordyceps Ophioglossoides and is exclusive to Millennium Sport Technologies. CORDYGEN5™ has the ability to enhance oxygen utilization and ATP like no other cordyceps blend available. You are probably thinking “I’ve tried cordyceps before and it really wasn’t anything to write home about”. Well you haven’t tried the CORDYGEN5™ blend. The problem with nearly all of the cordyceps on the market is that it is imported from overseas manufacturers who have rapid cultured inferior products. For example, most CS-4 on the market is cultured incorrectly yielding an ineffective product. CS-4 can be labeled as CS-4 whether cultured for 6 days or 6 months. The potency of the CORDYGEN5™ cordyceps blend comes from the proprietary combination of cordyceps strains and the way these strains are cultured. The competition simply doesn’t come close.
Almost all inferior cordyceps strains are cultured in a process called liquid cultivation or fermentation. This process uses a liquid substrate to grow the cordyceps mycelium in a very speedy 5-18 days, yielding low levels of active constituents. The cordyceps mycelium is then harvested by filtering out the liquid medium, drying it and grinding it into a powder. By filtering out the liquid medium many of the quality compounds secreted by the cordyceps are lost. It is usually further processed using hot water or solvents resulting in the loss of nearly 90% of the active constituents of which it had few of to begin with due to the fast liquid culturing process.
CORDYGEN5™ is grown using a solid state (solid substrate) or biomass method. This is a much slower culturing method where the cordyceps is grown on a sterilized solid medium such as organic grain. The cordyceps is allowed to consume the solid substrate while being subjected to temperature and gas changes (O2 and CO2) to simulate its native high altitude conditions. This process typically takes between 22 and 24 weeks (nearly 6 months) before the cordyceps is ready for harvest. When the cordyceps mycelium is ready to harvest it has consumed more than 98% of the solid medium in which it was cultured on and produced active constituents from every facet of its life cycle. The remaining 2% substrate is then removed yielding 100% pure cordyceps. The cordyceps strains are then super concentrated, extracted and blended into CORDYGEN5™. This process allows CORDYGEN5™ to exceed the potency of wild cordyceps exponentially. CORDYGEN5™ can exceed the potency of other cordyceps products on the market by a whopping 95 times (95X).
For Thousands of years Traditional Chinese Medicine has used cordyceps to support healthy kidney, lung (respiration) and heart function, low male and female libido, fatigue, immune disorders, for general health and appetite and for promoting longevity. Tibetan Sherpas use cordyceps and rhodiola to enhance energy production and oxygen utilization when climbing Mt. Everest. In 1993 the Chinese Women's National Track Team used cordyceps to set 9 world records including 3 by staggering margins. In this country its use has been researched for it's enhancement of energy production with applications in athletic performance and fatigue. Cordyceps has been clinically proven to enhance ATP production, increase oxygen utilization, improve VO2 Max, increase SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase) activity, support immune function, support healthy kidney function and improve glucose metabolism.
General Nutritional Components of Cordyceps
Cordyceps contains a wide range of compounds considered nutritional. It contains all of the essential amino acids, vitamins B1, B2, B12, E, and K, a wide range of sugars including mono, di- and oligiosaccharides and many different polysaccharides (some of amazing and unique complexity), proteins, sterols, nucleosides, and a wide range of trace elements (K, Na, Ca, Mg, Fe, Cu, Mn, Zn, Pi, Se, Al, Si, Ni, Sr, Ti, Cr, Ga, V, and Zr.).
Major Bioactive Constituents of Cordyceps
Cordycepin [3'-deoxyadenosine] and cordycepic acid [d-mannitol] were the initial bioactive compounds first isolated from the Cordyceps militaris species (Cunningham et al., 1951). A study by Chen and Chu (1996), announced the characterization of cordycepin [3' deoxyadenosine] and 2'-deoxyadenosine, using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and infrared spectroscopy (IR) in an extract of Cordyceps sinensis. Other components found included various saccharides, and polysaccharides of varied and amazing complexities (including cyclofurans - cyclic rings of five-carbon sugars of unknown function), beta-glucans, beta-mannans, cross-linked beta-mannan polymers, and complex polysaccharides consisting of both 5 and 6 carbon sugars joined together in branching chains comprising both alpha- and beta- bonds. Many nucleosides have been found in cordyceps, including uridine, several distinct structures of deoxyuridines, adenosine, 2',3'dideoxyadenosine (which is marketed worldwide as a primary antiretroviral drug for the treatment of HIV infections under the names Didanosine™, Videx™ and others) hydroxyethyladenosine, cordycepin [3'deoxyadenosine], cordycepin triphosphate, guanidine, deoxyguanidine, and a variety of other very unique altered and deoxygenated nucleosides that are found no where else in nature. The high "glyconutrient" content of the CORDYGEN5™ blend doubles as a second delivery system for the Citruvol™.
What Is Cnidium Monnier?
Cnidium Monnier comes from the plant Cnidium monnieri, a plant which grows in China, and whose seeds are used in a variety of applications in Traditional Chinese Medicine including use as a sexual tonic due to its effects on nitric oxide production and retention. Cnidium Monnier increases nitric oxide (NO) production in the body which will induce more explosive, blood engorged muscle pumps and increase blood flow to the muscles and genitals. PDE-5 is an enzyme that breaks down cGMP and therefore destroys nitric oxide as well. However, Cnidium Monnier inhibits the PDE-5 enzyme allowing nitric oxide to stay active longer leading to increased performance, pumps and even prolonged erections. Millennium Sport Technologies has added Cnidium Monnier to Citruvol™ for its potent synergistic nitric oxide enhancing and sustaining effects as it compliments Citrulline Malate and Cordygen5™ beautifully.
What Is L-Taurine AKG?
L-Taurine AKG is a more bioavailable form of the amino acid L-Taurine. While taurine generally is the second most abundant amino acid in muscle, in several metabolic conditions, some muscle biologists have determined that it, not glutamine, is the most voluminous amino represented in striated type 2 muscle fiber! L-Taurine has several critical functions and can act similarly to creatine in that it expands (volumizes) your cells by helping the muscle cell itself hold more water, increasing muscle cell volume. For a lifter or bodybuilder, this is significant because expanded muscle cells can boost hydration resulting in a higher rate of protein synthesis and bodybuilders will appreciate the increased appearance of muscle fullness. Additionally, another theory is that L-Taurine preferentially enhances interstitial contractile leverage and this may aid the lifter in handling heavier weights. L-Taurine AKG was added to Citruvol™ for its high bioavailability, strength enhancing and cell volumizing effects.
Citruvol™ may be stacked with CRE-02™, Kreaceps™, Cordygen5™, Carnage™ or RagNOrok™ for maximum strength endurance and oxygen utilization.
Citruvol Ultra Brand: Millennium Sport TechnologiesPrice: $29.99 - Out of stock
- Why SuperSupplements?
Unbeatable Selection ~ We carry an unbeatable selection of the very best nutritional supplements, sports nutrition and natural personal care products. We continually refresh our selection so you always have access to the newest, most effective products right here in one convenient spot.
Satisfaction Guarantee ~ Your complete satisfaction with any Super Supplements purchase is guaranteed. You may return any item that does not meet your expectations within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of the product price. Guaranteed!
Free Shipping ~ Why pay for shipping when you can use those dollars for more great products? Spend $25 and enjoy free, fast shipping to most locations.
Passionate People ~ We love what we do. We work hard to bring you the very best products at the very best overall value every single day. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with Super Supplements a better one, we want to hear from you - with a passion!
Super Supplements | 750 S Michigan St, Seattle, WA 98108 | (877) 454-3988