There are probably hundreds of possibilities causing your furry friend to have an allergic reaction. Is it their diet, pollen, molds or flea bites? Whatever the cause, our pets end up with itchy skin, rashes, hot spots and possibly even some discharge from their eyes and nose. Homeopathic pet remedies can possibly help relieve the symptoms and in some cases resolve the underlying issue causing the allergy.
Select one or more of the remedies that match most of the symptoms your pet is experiencing:
* For general allergy relief for a variety of symptoms (hives/rashes/itching/chewing/hot spots): Allergy Formula (by Heel)
* For hives with intense itching, a rash possibly due to food allergies: Utica Urens 30C.
* For allergies and skin conditions that worsen with exposure to sunlight, lick granulomas: Hypericum Perforatum 30C
* For flea bite allergies, itchy skin with hot spots, rash from poison ivy: Rhus Toxicodendron 30C
* For flea bites dermatitis, accompanied by red dry skin and the condition is worsened by heat/water: Sulphur 30C
* For intense burning, itching with hot/red sores; also for reactions to insect bites/stings: Apis Mellifica 30C
* For insect bites or bee stings also use Ledum Palustre 30C
* For chewing or licking feet due to allergies where skin is red in between the toes: Lachesis Mutus 30C
* For sneezing, nasal and eye discharge: Euphrasia Officinalis 6C
* For itching, watery eyes caused by pollen, mold spores, airborne substances: Allergy Eye Relief (Similasan eye drops):
* To relieve any side effects from flea/tick dips as these are very toxic: Nux Vomica 30C
General dosing information:
* Use 6C for local/specific symptoms (sneezing/hot spot) and 30C for more general/all over symptoms (rashes).
* For individual remedies: use a single dose of the remedy you choose, wait 5 minutes. If it’s working, give another dose when symptoms reoccur.
* If 1st dose helps a little, then continue to dose every 5 minutes for 3 more doses. If needed, continue to dose every hour for stubborn issues or until there is improvement.
* For combination remedies that contain more than one ingredient, follow the directions on the bottle.
* If the remedy is NOT working after a couple of days, they try another potency or new remedy all together.
* If your pet’s symptoms appear to be life threatening contact your vet immediately.
Refer to Homeopathy for Pets: Guidelines for more information about how to administer remedies to your pet.
Homeopathy for Pets: Skin/Ears/Eyes will be the topic for the next Furry Friends blog. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to post a comment with this blog entry.